Ability to set default track name

jlagercrantz

10 Jun, 2020 03:42 PM

We use SARTopo to track our SAR members in the field via them recording a track. By default a new track is named with today's date. Inevitably, members forget to change this to their name or team name and instead show up as a date on the map for the rest of the team. It would be amazing if there was a setting in settings that allowed you to set a default track name.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 10 Jun, 2020 03:50 PM

Great idea, I'll add it to the requests board!

2. Julie closed this discussion on 10 Jun, 2020 03:50 PM.

3. jlagercrantz re-opened this discussion on 18 Jul, 2020 09:59 PM

4. 2 Posted by jlagercrantz on 18 Jul, 2020 09:59 PM

I just wanted to add to this feature request that in addition to setting default track name, it would be great to be able to set default track style and color. We always change our track style to a line with arrows showing direction of travel as this is much more useful than a simple line. We also switch each of our tracks to a different color so that they are much easier to identify on the map. Being able to set some of these as defaults is really nice when you're in a bit of rush and just want to start a track and forget about it after.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan on 20 Jul, 2020 01:36 PM

I'll add this suggestion as well to our requests board. Thanks for all the new features suggestions!

To facilitate tracking requests and duplicates, I'm going to close this ticket but please know your request has been documented.

Happy mapping,
    Meghan

6. Meghan closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2020 01:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac