caltopo development in the near future

Guillaume

14 May, 2020 03:08 PM

Hi,

my name is Guillaume. I am a French guy who lives in Chile. I have been lately doing a research of the possibilities of mapping
in South America, the Andes especially. I am an engineer who also has interest in ski guiding and my question is :
Do you have any plans to develop Caltopo for South America/Andes region in the near future or is it something not on the table at the moment ?
Thanks a lot for your answer,

Kind regards

Guillaume

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rmarcucci on 14 May, 2020 09:33 PM

Guillaume,

Thank you for reaching out. There are a few layers available online that you may find useful in South America: Google, Open Street/Cycle Map, TF Outdoors, and the weekly high res satellite (amazing for snow coverage, available with a pro level subscription). Unfortunately, we don't currently have anything available for offline use in the app in South America.

The short answer to your question is: yes. Longer answer is: it is a slow process. Within the last year, we've added more maps for Alaska, Canada, Mexico, and Scandinavia. We will likely add more countries in the next 6 months, but unfortunately, South America probably won't be there in that time frame.

All the best,
    Rom

2. rmarcucci closed this discussion on 14 May, 2020 09:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac