Waypoint URL Sharing

Helgi Olafson

04 Aug, 2019 09:07 PM

Hi. I've created a 2858.33 mile GPX, split into 68 days and around 80 tracks. I will be using this .GPX for a 68 day run that I will be doing next year. Here is the link: https://caltopo.com/m/V08P

I also have a very detailed spreadsheet that I have developed along side this map, but want to make it more detailed in two ways. Wha

The first thing I'd like to do is enter the URL link to each of the waypoints in my spreadsheet, as this will be a fully supported run and people will be better suited to join for a section if they can click on a link to bring them to the actual spot on the map.
The second thing is to be able to calculate the elevation profile between waypoints. If this is something that requires purchasing a better membership, I am completely ok with that.

Please advise.

Standing by.

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 05 Aug, 2019 07:53 PM

You can't link to a waypoint by name or ID, but you can copy the URL hash from an unsaved map and append it on to the saved map URL, to have it load at that particular point and with those layers turned on, e.g. https://caltopo.com/m/V08P#ll=39.32796,-120.18169&z=14&b=map.

Can you clarify what you mean by profile between waypoints? Do you mean along your route, but using the waypoints as the start / stop rather than the full line? If so, there's no quick way to do this but there are several workarounds. Are you trying to do this once, make it easy for someone else to do on the map, etc?

With a pro membership, you can export the elevation data for each leg as a CSV file and then manipulate it on your own in a spreadsheet program. Depending on how in-depth you want to go, that may or may not be the sort of thing you're looking for.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• TC2020_complete.gpx 5.57 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac