Multiple Routes

jrfought

20 Mar, 2019 03:33 PM

I want to be able to create a map with a base layer that shows campsites/water sources, and then layers with routes. There will be at least 10 routes total, and in order to avoid confusion, I'd like to be able to either show all routes (for myself) or only one route at a time when I share it with a friend who wants to hike just one of those routes. Is that even possible, or will I need to create and save 10 different maps?

Thanks for the newbie help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 21 Mar, 2019 06:13 PM

At the moment, there's no way to have a map load with some folders and items visible, and others not. If you want to send them a link with only one route visible, it would need to be an independent map.

2. 2 Posted by Matt Miller on 15 May, 2019 06:25 PM

+1 for this feature. We use caltopo to manage our running group (North Bend Beer Runners) weekly routes on 1 map. We create a new folder for each week. We share the map on Facebook each week, but there is no way too share with layer visibility preserved - so users need to manually turn off all the past week layers when they follow the link.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 16 May, 2019 09:30 PM

It's definitely high on the list for a variety of reasons, once the app is out of beta.

4. 4 Posted by Matt Miller on 17 May, 2019 06:00 AM

Fantastic! Great to hear - it will be a useful feature for many!

Just to clarify, we are using the web all version of Caltopo - are you
    saying the web app is in beta?

Thanks,
    Matt

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by matt on 19 May, 2019 08:53 PM

Not web app, all energies are currently going into the phone app. Android is at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.caltopo.android, iOS should be public soon.

6. System closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2019 04:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac