Profile from right to left

torsten

11 Jan, 2019 06:25 AM

I'm interested in a profile that shows mileage starting with 0 at the right side.
Imagine a trail that is traveled only from east to west (i.e., from right to left on a conventional map).
Imagine that this trail is divided into 16 or more sections, all of which are traveled basically from east to west.
It would be nice for users to be able to see a profile of each section and the entirety with mileage starting from 0 on the eastern-most end and, in this case, 100.2 miles at the western-most end, i.e., proceeding from right to left.
I realize this is contrary to our convention of reading many things left to right.
Now, I realize I can "reverse" the line so that the profile can be looked at right to left, but the mileage will read left to right so it will be perceived
In my attached example, the start point is at mile 11 and the direction of travel is to the left. I'd like mile 11 to be the starting point, 0.

Thanks for your consideration,

Torsten

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 11 Jan, 2019 09:08 PM

The profile dialog is due for a UI revamp at some point, including both distance and time axes for tracks with GPS timestamps . . . I'll keep descending order X-axes in mind for then, but can't see being able to implement it outside of a broader UI overhaul.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• StarttoLyon.gpx 123 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac