Select/Deselect All Option on Folders

Scott Shively

04 Jul, 2017 05:20 PM

I have a map that has hundreds of markers that were imported (mile post markers for the PCT). When printing maps I would like to 'DESELECT ALL' markers, and then add in the 10 that I want to print. Right now if I deselect markers, it deselects them, but then hides the folder so I cannot reselect the 10 items I want. I'm left deselecting the 200 I don't want and leaving the 10 I want. Is there a way to do this, or can this be an added feature.

Caltopo is an awesome tool for planning trips in the outdoors. Thank you!

Scott

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 05 Jul, 2017 05:10 PM

It's not supported - there's no way to expand the folder's contents when it's un-selected, and the way my code is set up the visibility cascades downward so it's not just a question of simply allowing the folder to expand.

It sounds like you would be best served by breaking the markers up into multiple folders, so that you can turn off unused folders. A bit of a hack, but another approach would be to create a second temporary folder, use the "bulk ops" link to move the markers you want to show into that folder, and then turn the markers folder off.

2. 2 Posted by Scott Shively on 05 Jul, 2017 06:31 PM

Once you said I could create a folder, I knew exactly what to do, just had
    to figure out how to create a new folder. Found the knowledge base on how
    to work with folders and your suggestion works beautifully and helps
    immensely in organizing all my markers!

Thx,

Scott

3. matt closed this discussion on 07 Jul, 2017 04:42 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac