SARTopo offline - Print function and QR enhancement

Dan H

31 Dec, 2018 09:01 PM

We are working on a usage case where perhaps we are working on a multi-day search & rescue in a remote area of our county with no internet access.

On SARTopo offline, you have the option of going to localhost or my_pc_name. Imagining we are running on isolated DHCP network and we want people to be able to download their assignments to their PDA/GPS.

When i connect with my browser using my_pc_name, the problem is when I click on print, the link reverts back from PC name to localhost. The requst is to fix the link so it uses whatever your using on the browser.

Secondly, the QR code is also messed up in the print function so if I have someone scan the QR code it reverts back to localhost, so if I am using my cell phone connected to remote network and I want to download pdf for avenza the QR code still takes me to "localhost" which is incorrect.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 01 Jan, 2019 12:10 AM

The QR code will match the link (although you can override it with a custom URL).

Sounds like you want to edit sar.properties and set server.name=my_pc_name. That should override the auto-detected domain name for the QR code.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac