enhancements: fast access to a folder list and icon sort

steve.levy

23 Nov, 2018 06:50 PM

Matt,
In working at the Camp Fire and other larger events one creates numerous markers, lines, areas in the various folders. Trying to find the start of a given folder or all folders that have been created by the members of the team can be difficult or time consuming. It would be helpful to have a list of folderswith which one can select the desired folder and have the cursor go to start or last accessed element of that folder. Maybe this list could be accessed by RMB over the left side listing? Maybe also a search for an element containing a given substring?

Also, when in bulkops, could sort also be enabled for the icon column?

One thing noticed at the search, was that when an element name (like the name of an area) was long enough to cover over the pencil or X, that those two operations could not be accessed.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 26 Nov, 2018 05:31 PM

I am not tracking what you're asking for in the first paragraph. Can you try explaining it a little differently?

2. 2 Posted by steve.levy on 27 Nov, 2018 04:41 AM

On the left side of the screen are lists of the contents of the various folders. When a folder is enabled and there are a lot of entries one needs to scroll a long way down to get to the next folder's entries.  When scrolling fast one may miss the folder header, and its contents. Also, in that case, having large sets of entries,  one will not see all of the folder names ghat may currently exist; noting that some folders may have been created by other users. So, I was thinking it might be helpful to be able to pop-up a dialog listing of all the folder names and to select the one to go to.
    Better?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

3. 3 Posted by Adam Kelly on 27 Nov, 2018 11:07 AM

Have you tried clicking on the folder name to minimize/collapse the folder contents list? Instead of scrolling the contents of each folder you would be able to see just the folder names and then click on the one that you want to rexpand the content list of that particular folder?

4. 4 Posted by steve.levy on 27 Nov, 2018 04:24 PM

Yes, as a work-around, we did that several times to get where we wanted to go. We had multiple long lists in various folders.  It just became laborious.Thanks

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac