SAR: add a configurable header to 104summary(IAP)

caver456

08 Nov, 2018 02:14 PM

After seeing first-hand the 104 summary (IAP) in play along with the carbonless 104 short forms, we are converts (in the trial process now).

We've used the full individual 104 (carbonless transfer paper in the printer) for the past few years. It's a brilliant flow when printer error and/or human error doesn't foul it up, but, the summary+shortform flow seems a lot simpler and a lot more robust.

We've reviewed the data fields that need to be relayed to the team, and thought some about the best place for each piece of data, to minimize the amount of redundant handwriting needed, while maximizing clarity, preserving trackability of each piece of paper, etc.

We've put together our own version of the 104 short form (major thank you to the team that built the one we started from) and have also put together a short list of items that would be good to see on a header (of each page, ideally) of the 104 summary (IAP). Each header item could be a text field so the user could change the wording before printing if needed, but, they could pre-populate with some text based on existing data:
- incident name (populated from map name) - op period (populated from OP names of selected assignments; maybe flag a warning if assignments from multiple op periods are selected) - CP cell phone # (populated from text in sar.properties if specified; blank otherwise) - CP coordinates (populated from coords of any marker called 'CP' or 'IC' or other standardized/common name; blank if none could be unambiguously determined) - multi-line text field(s) (populated from text in sar.properties if specified; blank otherwise)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 08 Nov, 2018 09:48 PM

I can see the free form text field; I'll give it a try but I haven't had much luck positioning the same field at the top of every printed page, since HTML only gives you so much control over where page breaks happen.

Pulling specific fields from a properties file or the map is not something I see being viable in the short term. The snarky response is that CP location, phone #, etc belong in an IAP, not an assignment form.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by caver456 on 08 Nov, 2018 10:07 PM

Makes sense, we always include a 'General Briefing Missing Person' form in
    our packets which takes the role of the IAP -I think. Makes sense that the
    things I suggested should go there. Can you point me to the full IAP form
    that you use, for comparison?

It still does seem like putting the map name on each page of the 104
    summary (IAP) would make sense just from a documentation point of view.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac