Hyperlinks in object comments?

guidedailyreport

07 Nov, 2018 10:39 PM

I saw this was last discussed in 2017 - has any progress been made? Is this possible? Trying to link photos to lines on maps. Thanks!!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 08 Nov, 2018 09:20 PM

Sorry, still not possible. You can paste a URL into the comments but it won't turn into a clickable link.

FYI, the reason this isn't trivial to tackle is due to security, making sure users can't add malicious javascript alongside image links.

2. 2 Posted by guidedailyrepor... on 09 Nov, 2018 04:20 AM

Right on - thanks for reply and unbelievably awesome tool! Don't understand intricacies of javascript but thought I'd check and appreciate safety features. Cheers!

3. 3 Posted by Jeremiah Small on 08 Jan, 2019 10:41 PM

Perhaps a solution for hyperlinks which would be simpler than supporting markup in the description would be an optional "link" or "url" field on the object. This would let you sanitize it strictly as a url and protect against XSS attacks. This optional hyperlink feature would be useful to me too.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac