Form 104

JOhn Kelly

23 Jun, 2018 12:26 PM

I recently was assisting in the OPS section on a search and I could not edit the 104 Form to add in radio frequencies and other info. I could import to the form certain info from the mission assignment section. I know the editor said that it was not possible to edit the 104 directly but in a recent SAREX in April 2018, I could edit and add items to the form. So I am a bit confused why in APril I could but in June I could not. Is this something that admin can turn on/off editing capabilities ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by kobe.pole on 23 Jun, 2018 04:37 PM

Hi John,
    You should be able to easily edit the radio frequencies. When you click on an assignment to edit it, it should bring up the box in the bottom left hand corner of your screen that will allow you to edit the 104 information. if you would like to change the frequencies on all of the assignments, scroll down to the bottom of the assignments and click on "bulk ops" then click on one assignment, press shift, and select the bottom assignment, this will select all of them. Next click on "change attributes. You will then be able to edit frequencies for all of the assignments.
    Hope this helps,
    -Kobe

2. 2 Posted by John kelly on 23 Jun, 2018 05:19 PM

Thanks Kobe for the information. Can you answer the part as to why I could edit the 104 information directly on the form in April but I could not edit it in June ?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by kobe.pole on 23 Jun, 2018 05:21 PM

My guess is that if the map was shared, you would need to enter a password in order to edit items on the map. This may have been the case

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 24 Jun, 2018 05:23 AM

John - can you clarify whether you're referring to editing the PDF, after it's been autofilled, vs changing the data that shows up when you generate the 104? If so, what are you using to edit the PDF? It may be an issue with e.g. Chrome that doesn't exist when opening the form in Acrobat.

5. 5 Posted by John Kelly on 24 Jun, 2018 11:16 AM

The map was being shared in the Incident Command.  We were creating an assignment area and then a mission to search that area. We then would click on the assignment and click on edit and add what was particular to that assignment.  Close  that window then go back and click again on that Mission and click on Print SAR 104. At the SAREX in April I could then edit and enter info on the SAR 104 e.g. radio frequencies, prepared by.

I am not sure what operating system they were using in April.  The search in June was using IE.

John Kelly

On Sunday, June 24, 2018, 1:23:41 AM EDT, matt <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv9937061622 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv9937061622 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by kobe.pole on 24 Jun, 2018 09:20 PM

When you press print 104, it will generate PDF's, these cannot be edited when they are in PDF form. I think that may be the problem. I'm guessing at SAREX they weren't able to edit the PDF's either, but went in and edited them using the bulk ops tool.
    Let me know if this helps clarify it.
    -Kobe

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by matt on 24 Jun, 2018 11:18 PM

Some browsers / PDF viewers have trouble showing pre-filled forms, so the SARTopo PDF generator draws non-editable text on top of the editable form field, rather than filling it out. This has a side-effect of making the PDF non-editable in most programs.

I did some testing this afternoon and the one exception I've been able to find is Mac's built-in Preview app, which still lets you edit the fields (with some hiccups, such as the font size being too large / small). Is it possible they were demoing editing an already-filled-out SARTopo 104 using the Mac Prreview app? If so I'm sorry but I have no recommendations for what you could use on Windows instead.

8. 8 Posted by John Kelly on 25 Jun, 2018 01:08 AM

I was also playing with the 104 and I noticed that Adobe has a feature that might turn the PDF onto an editable document but the software for that feature is only available if you are an Adobe member which I am not.

John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac