29 May, 2018 03:37 AM

I love CalTopo and have few issues with it. One thing I would like to do
however is to have labels without icons or make the icon associated with a
label invisible. Such as on a map where I want to simply label a place/thing
without an icon. Is there any way to have no icon/invisible, thus leaving
only the label? It appears on the color graph for icons that there is no
option for invisible. Thanks. Will Skelton, Knoxville, TN

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 29 May, 2018 05:02 PM

That's not officially supported at the moment. It's something I'd like to add, but in the context of allowing different font sizes, text box dimensions, etc, and not simply setting the marker color to transparent. Markers don't have a transparency attribute at the moment so it it would be more complicated than simply adding a transparency slider to the color picker.

I can't guarantee this will work long-term, but you can set the marker icon to https://caltopo.com/static/images/blank.gif using the URL field at the bottom to make it transparent. Unfortunately the blank.gif image is only 1 pixel large, so it's pretty much impossible to click on in the style picker, in order to later set the marker to something else. Because the style on newly created markers is retained for the next marker you create, I'd recommend setting / unsetting the style to blank.gif using the bulk options feature, rather than the marker dialog.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac