Saved Map - URL with coordinates?

Neill

28 Feb, 2018 07:47 AM

When a map is not saved, there is the option to “update the url on map move”, enabling a specific URL to center on some coordinates.

Maybe I’m missing something, but once a map is saved, this feature is no longer available? I’m looking for a way to create several URLs that would load my saved map but at different locations. So that I can point people to specific waypoints or features on my map with a different or modified URL. Is this possible currently? If not would it be something that could be added in the future to add the Lat/Long to the end of the saved map URL? Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 28 Feb, 2018 08:07 PM

That's not presently supported. I can't just trivially reuse the url hash code from map.html, since it includes some state parameters that conflict with the data on a saved map (e.g. custom layers), but I'll give it some thought.

2. 2 Posted by Neill on 02 Mar, 2018 04:52 AM

Thanks Matt! Thanks so much for considering it. Some additional food for thought...it could be cool if the hash code was some sort of display modifier in that, if present, it would not affect the actual save file, but rather override any display settings such as center point or layers in a read only way. Then you could curate a url to display your saved map in a variety of ways. I’m sure none of that is trivial as you say though, so thanks again for the reply and for considering it.

3. kobe.pole closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2018 10:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac