More fillable sections on SAR204 form

Kristopher Koenig

31 Jan, 2017 11:16 PM

I would like to be able to fill in all of the areas of the SAR 204 form including personnel assigned to the assignment, radio frequencies/ channel description and date and time the assignment was prepared.

Thank you for your hard work on this great program

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 01 Feb, 2017 03:56 AM

Do you mean the 104 form? I don't generate a 204.

You can fill most of that information in by fleshing out the assignment object's details. Unfortunately a partially filled in form that still remains user-editable after SARTopo generates it is a non-starter for technical reasons.

2. 2 Posted by Lee Pritchard on 10 Mar, 2018 05:43 AM

Just curious, why do you use a 104 form vs. the 204 form. I am a SAR coordinator who is currently transitioning to this program for mission management and use the 204 form. Is it possible to use a 204 form in SAR Topo?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 10 Mar, 2018 07:32 PM

Mostly because that's what everyone in northern CA was using when I built out that functionality.

I may add 204 support at some point, but it's not a great fit as it's a branch/division level form that assumes everyone within the branch / division has the same work assignment, which isn't generally true in wildland SAR. SARs are also generally not ongoing or preplanned incidents where personnel names are known well in advance of an operational period. On an incident like a large fire, the IAP will include a stack of 204s, with names. On a SAR, names are generally determined when assignments are handed out, and the forms are generally multi-sheet carbonless paper so that names can be written down and copies kept by the CP for record keeping.

While SARTopo supports 104 forms and the concept of "resources" that allow you to fill names on a 104, my best-practice recommendations are to steer away from both. Use the "104S summary" form (available via bulk ops) to generate a compact list of all assignment details for inclusion in an IAP, and then use whatever pre-printed carbonless form you want for tracking which personnel are on which assignment. That form doesn't need assignment details filled from SARTopo, just a team # / segment letter to refer back to the 104S.

While this obviously doesn't stick to the letter of ICS, I feel like it's the best way to keep with the spirit of including everything in a written IAP, while avoiding the cost of printing dozens of forms per IAP packet, and acknowledging that personnel assignments are generally not known during the planning cycle.

4. 4 Posted by Kristopher Koen... on 12 Mar, 2018 04:01 PM

It is 204 and my fat fingers hit the 1 not the 2

5. kobe.pole closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 03:53 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac