RF(radio propagation)

charlie foutch

18 Jan, 2018 05:01 PM

still interested in finding a way to show radio wave propagation over lay on SARTopo

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 21 Jan, 2018 12:14 AM

It's not something I see implementing in the near future - there are some other features I'm working on that are occupying pretty much all my development time, and probably will until summer. But beyond that, I don't have nearly a good enough understanding of RF propagation to model its behavior, and even if I were to do enough research to get there, handling issues like multipath and diffraction are way beyond the ray-tracing approach I'm using for visual line of sight, so I'm not sure how much I could piggyback on that code.

2. 2 Posted by charliefoutch on 21 Jan, 2018 05:44 AM

HI MATT; thanks much for the reply. i rarely ask for simple things because i can usually figure out the norm. In the mean while i found a site for hams (i have a general class license KG7NTV) that is dedicated to figuring out RF propagation. You see in this case i am trying to use less expensive SURCOM repeaters to call local CERT members. WE belong to our local volunteer fire department. WE found out that the fire personal were doing traffic control when the roads and highway is blocked for any reason. WE now respond with them for traffic control. However we need a way to communicate with each other without using their repeater system. so we are trying to use a SURCOM repeater to cover our valley to organize our cert members. I have become an ALL HAZARDS COMMUNICATION TECHNITION (COMT) for any disaster around our area so i will still learn all i can and how to use your wonderful SARTOPO. Thank for making it available to the public. Thanks again CHARLIE FOUTCH KG7NTV/WQWL803
     (GMRS).

On Saturday, January 20, 2018 4:14 PM, matt <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv4051515338 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv4051515338 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. kobe.pole closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2018 10:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac