saved track disappeared, now the app won't load

Ken Chiacchia

21 Sep, 2021 06:30 PM

I'd tracked my progress on a bike ride on 9/16, but forgot to turn off the recording function (map is https://sartopo.com/m/Q9R7#). This morning when I opened the web app, it showed that track as an 18 m line in my house. Going back to the phone app that I'd used to track myself, I realized I hadn't stopped tracking, though the track was visible on the phone screen. So I did, and when it offered to save I saved it. When I did that, the track disappeared from the phone and appears to have been saved only as the18 m track from today. I've apparently lost all the data. Now I can't get the phone app to load (I'll try restarting my phone in a moment). Not clear on what went wrong, but I'd been hoping to use that track this afternoon to look for a pair of glasses that had fallen from my bike bag on the 16th.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 21 Sep, 2021 06:47 PM

HI Ken,

It looks as though your track is stored in your account, even though it failed on the map. You can find it in Your Data - Your Tracks via the web browser program, or via the three bar menu, Your Tracks in the mobile app.

Here is a link to some more info about where to find the data and how to use it: https://training.caltopo.com/all_users/mobile/tracks#managing

Thanks,
    Julie

2. Julie closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2021 06:47 PM.

3. Kenneth Chiacchia re-opened this discussion on 21 Sep, 2021 07:00 PM

4. 2 Posted by Kenneth Chiacch... on 21 Sep, 2021 07:00 PM

I'll be danged -- never even noticed that tab before. Thanks!

Ken Chiacchia
    [email blocked]

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 21 Sep, 2021 07:41 PM

Great!

6. Julie closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2021 07:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac