printing

richardplatt7

19 Oct, 2020 04:36 PM

I am able to find and size a portion of map that I need for my SAR unit; but when I try and print it, I get a narrow vertical strip which is useless. What is going on? Do I have to pay in order to print? (I can take a screen shot and print that, but that is time consuming and tiresome and includes all sorts of non map data which reduces actual map size.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 19 Oct, 2020 05:14 PM

Hi Richard,

With a free account you can still generate and print a 8.5"x11" pdf. Can you expand more on the specific issue you are running into? What steps are you taking to generate your PDF and when do you end up with the narrow vertical strip? Does it occur when you are generating the PDF? Or does the PDF generate as expected and it occurs when you are trying to print?

Thank you,
    Meghan

2. 2 Posted by richardplatt7 on 19 Oct, 2020 05:57 PM

Here is a screen shot of what I get when I push print:

3. 3 Posted by richardplatt7 on 19 Oct, 2020 06:03 PM

I think I got it solved: I was not hitting the “generate PDF” button! Thanks for trying. Richard

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan on 19 Oct, 2020 07:09 PM

Glad you found a solution! If you are new to CalTopo, you might be interested in this tutorial that walks you through the basics of using the program, including printing your PDF and viewing it on your mobile device: https://help.caltopo.com/kb/basics/getting-started-with-caltoposartopo

Happy mapping!
    Meghan

5. Meghan closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2020 07:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac