Weather Forecast

contact

15 Sep, 2020 10:40 PM

Hi,

Under Map Layers > Weather Forecast > Color visualization - previously I was able to filter high/low temps for what appeared on the map. I don't see the option to do this anymore.

Please let me know if this has moved, or been changed.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 16 Sep, 2020 01:41 PM

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! We did remove that feature in order to collapse high/low precip, snow fall, wind speed and wind gusts into one single "color visualization" layer and to streamline the drop down layers and overlays menu.

Thank you,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 16 Sep, 2020 01:41 PM.

3. contact re-opened this discussion on 16 Sep, 2020 01:44 PM

4. 2 Posted by contact on 16 Sep, 2020 01:44 PM

Did you do any research to see how often it was used? Would it be readded or implemented some other way?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan on 16 Sep, 2020 03:57 PM

Unfortunately we’re not planning on adding this feature back to the software at this time. We periodically update and streamline our offering based on the needs of our aggregate user base, as those needs evolve and change, we try our best to keep our software up to date. While we know we can’t make every user happy, we try very hard strike the right balance between useful but more niche tools, and the more popular offerings. We’ll note your request to return this feature to the platform, but unfortunately that will not occur in the near future. Thanks so much for using CalTopo!

Best,
    Meghan

6. Meghan closed this discussion on 16 Sep, 2020 03:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac