Some markers lost in Unsaved Map after updating iOS app

amallen9867

17 Jul, 2020 06:01 PM

I used CalTopo for iOS (0.5.6) on a recent camping trip (iPhone 7). I added about 10 markers to an Unsaved Map during the trip. When I got home I updated several apps, including CalTopo to 0.5.7. Looking at my Unsaved Map this morning, I discovered most of the markers are gone. Only 3 remain. Bummer! Anyway, looks like a possible bug.

Aaron

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 17 Jul, 2020 06:03 PM

Hi Aaron,
    That isn't a bug. If you don't save the map there is no expectation that the data will be saved, especially through updating the app. Typically when opening and closing the app the data would persist but as soon as you start working on a map we suggest saving it.

I'm sorry that happened, but again, we would encourage you to immediately save the map as soon as you put any user content on it and from there it will stay updated/saved.

Best,
    Ben

2. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2020 06:03 PM.

3. amallen9867 re-opened this discussion on 17 Jul, 2020 06:20 PM

4. 2 Posted by amallen9867 on 17 Jul, 2020 06:20 PM

Hi Ben,
    Ah, I assumed an Unsaved Map persisted as a map. Thanks for letting me know it doesn't necessarily do so. I'll name them right away moving forward
    Not a big deal losing the markers. I was taking CalTopo for iOS out for a test spin on this trip. Still some instabilities but considering you're not even at v1.0 yet looking good so far! I can see this becoming my go-to outdoor field app.
    Thanks,
    Aaron

On Friday, July 17, 2020, 12:03:42 PM MDT, Ben Lantow <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

5. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2020 06:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac