Elevation profile not showing nearby markers

freshgreenmedia

14 Jul, 2020 05:47 PM

I saw this closed topic:

https://help.caltopo.com/discussions/bugs/3952-elevation-profile-no-longer-shows-nearby-markers

Not sure what I'm missing, but I'm not seeing the nearby markers.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 14 Jul, 2020 09:09 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure what you are asking for here. The markers appear along the line if they are within a close enough distance of that line and if you are viewing terrain statistics, not just the line profile. From the line profile, you can click on "expand" in the upper right of the profile box to find the full terrain statistics.

Thanks,
    Julie

2. Julie closed this discussion on 14 Jul, 2020 09:09 PM.

3. freshgreenmedia re-opened this discussion on 15 Jul, 2020 12:28 AM

4. 2 Posted by freshgreenmedia on 15 Jul, 2020 12:28 AM

I'm trying to see the markers along the line in the terrain statistics. When I click the trail line in the supplied map in the linked post, and then click terrain, I do not see the markers in the terrain profile. I do not see nearby markers when I click "expand" either. This is the same for my maps as well, I do not see nearby markers.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan on 15 Jul, 2020 03:50 PM

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. I tried to replicate your issue. Below is a screenshot from a map I made when I was not signed in, just like you were in the screenshot. Notice that marker 1 (seen on the right below the terrain stats dialog) which is directly on the line shows up on the elevation profile while marker 2 (seen on the left below the terrain stats box) which is 150 ft off the trail does not show up on the elevation profile.

Its hard to tell from your screenshot what zoom level you are out (its looks pretty zoomed out) and therefore how far the marker below the terrain stats dialog box is off the trail. My suggestion would be to move the markers closer to the line (even better- put them directly on the line) and then see if they show up in the terrain stats dialog box.

If they still aren't showing up, I could make this conversation private so that you could share some specific maps or what email you usually log in with so I can dig a little deeper into what might be going on. I could not find an account associated with the email you used to make this help ticket.

Try my suggestion and if it doesn't work, please reach out again and we can go from there!

Best,
    Meghan

6. Meghan closed this discussion on 15 Jul, 2020 03:50 PM.

7. freshgreenmedia re-opened this discussion on 15 Jul, 2020 06:11 PM

8. 4 Posted by freshgreenmedia on 15 Jul, 2020 06:11 PM

I finally figured out what was wrong. The setting under the Main Menu > Config > Show Labels was set to None. I changed this to All and the markers show up on the terrain profile again!

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan on 15 Jul, 2020 08:21 PM

I am happy to hear you figured it out and thank you for sharing your solution!

Happy mapping!
    Meghan

10. Meghan closed this discussion on 15 Jul, 2020 08:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac