Caltopo maps no longer work in Orux

jmnorvell

30 Jun, 2020 07:21 PM

For several years, I have been making mbtiles maps with the basic MapBulder Topo base layer for use in the Orux app on Android. No map I have made since around February 2020 works. They behave very strangely (Orux immediately jumps 3,700 miles east upon loading, asks for different maps on scrolling or zoom, the map doesn't show up in the "switch map here" list.) Did anything change in the output of these map files earlier this year? Really scratching my head here.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 30 Jun, 2020 11:36 PM

Looks like you've found a new bug here. Unfortunately we won't be able to get to fixing it for a little while. You could try using our app in the meantime!

2. 2 Posted by jmnorvell on 02 Jul, 2020 12:35 AM

Bummer. Thanks for the reply. I'll be patient...

I haven't used the app very much. Can I upload to the app maps I've made on the website? Are there instructions somewhere for making offline maps in the app? It seems really different from the web interface.

John

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 02 Jul, 2020 03:58 PM

Hi John,

The basic functions in the app are the same as online. Any map you make online is available to sync on the app. All you have to do is login to the app with the same login credentials you use on the website and your maps will appear in the Your Maps list. You can then choose to sync all of your maps, or each individually.

For background layers in the app, you will have to download tiles for offline use. (If you are in areas with network service, you don't need to download anything.) Here is a brief article explaining how to download tiles: https://help.caltopo.com/kb/mobile-apps/downloading-layers-for-mobile

We are currently working on releasing the 1.0 version of the app, along with documentation or training to help people use it.

Best,
    Julie

4. Julie closed this discussion on 02 Jul, 2020 03:58 PM.

5. matt re-opened this discussion on 08 Jul, 2020 03:42 PM

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 08 Jul, 2020 03:42 PM

This should be fixed now - can you let me know if it's still an issue?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac