Getting White Screen When I Try Printing to PDF

tahoetaytay

25 Jun, 2020 09:31 PM

I am attempting to print map to PDF, but when I select 'generate PDF' I get an error message that says "Unfortunately, CalTopo is unable to generate PDFs using Google layers, map will have a white background instead." The only layer I have selected is MapBuilder Overlay, which shows all the trails I need and is necessary (I also had contours selected which I would like to work also, but not as necessary). Then it opens up a new tab with an all white map. What am I dong wrong? Screen shots of both the error message and the white page are below.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 25 Jun, 2020 10:13 PM

Thanks for reaching out and providing the screenshots! You do have a Google layer selected as your base layer in the base layer dropdown menu ("Terrain" is a Google layer- please see screenshot below showing where this is). Unfortunately Google layers can't be printed due to licensing restrictions. You can change this base layer from a Google layer by clicking on the down arrow next to "Terrain" and selecting a different base layer.

You can keep all your overlays (contours, MapBuilder overlay) selected- they should be able to print so problem. Simply change the base layer and you should be good to go!

Happy mapping!
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 25 Jun, 2020 10:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac