Map sheets

Doug Fritz

22 Jun, 2020 12:52 AM

I was able to bring a high res aerial from Eagleview/Connect Explorer into a map builder and align it.
Once

I've been trying to do another and I can't get it lined up, nor can I find the cool page that described Map Sheets and how to do it.

I would welcome a tip or two on how to manually align the photo to the map.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 22 Jun, 2020 06:32 PM

Doug,

To add a Map Sheet that is not geo-referenced, you use two points to align the image. After you upload the image, skip step one - that step is outdated. Right click on a point on the uploaded image, go to Georeference, and select Mark Point 1. Click on a point on the basemap that will match to the same point you chose on the Map Sheet image. Repeat this for the set of points. You can re-do the points if you want to make it more accurate, before saving.

Also, here is the blog post about Map Sheets: https://caltopo.com/about/2020/06. We don't have a Knowledge Base article for it yet.

Thanks,
    Julie

2. Julie closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2020 06:32 PM.

3. doug fritz re-opened this discussion on 22 Jun, 2020 07:12 PM

4. 2 Posted by doug fritz on 22 Jun, 2020 07:12 PM

Thanks, I got to that point this morning and got another map done. It’s still hard, but possible.

Doug Fritz

Fire Chief

Hotchkiss Fire District

970-261-5679 cell

970-872-2145

<mailto:[email blocked]> [email blocked]

<https://www.facebook.com/HotchkissFire?pnref=lhc> Follow Hotchkiss Fire District on Facebook

5. Julie closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2020 07:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac