Base Layers Window Won't Stay on Screen

WENDY SKIZAS

15 Jun, 2020 04:05 PM

Map Builder topo, 7.5' topo, Forest Service: when choosing these the options for that base layer appear on the right sidebar of screen like they should but they don't stay. As soon as they appear, they quickly disappear. Can't choose any options for any of the base layers.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 15 Jun, 2020 04:20 PM

Hi Wendy,

I'm sorry you are having trouble. The drop down should stay open as long as your cursor doesn't leave the box. It's working fine for me. Does the problem happen on all maps, or is there a particular one? Are you working in the web browser or on a desktop version? Have you tried signing out of CalTopo, and back in again?

Thanks,
    Julie

2. Julie closed this discussion on 15 Jun, 2020 04:20 PM.

3. Wendy Skizas re-opened this discussion on 15 Jun, 2020 04:25 PM

4. 2 Posted by Wendy Skizas on 15 Jun, 2020 04:25 PM

You're so nice, thanks so much for such a quick reply. I'm sure this was totally user error. I use the site often so you know, of course it wasn't ME making a mistake (LOL, wrong, it WAS me). I was clicking the base layer names on the left side bar to change the base layer but I got all confused because when I did that, the options sidebar on the right appears for a brief moment then disappears. I finally figured out that I need to click on my base layer name in the upper right corner to keep the options open and available.

Thanks,
    Wendy

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 15 Jun, 2020 04:36 PM

No worries!

6. Julie closed this discussion on 15 Jun, 2020 04:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac