Add Locator - Email

daniel1127

27 May, 2020 08:16 PM

I'm playing with the Add Locator option for our SAR team and am curious about the Email Type. On the Add Locator popup window when I select Type: "Email" it tells me to "Request a unique email address from SARTopo, and add it to check-in list for your SPOT or inReach beacon." The Request email link provided seems to do nothing? Am I missing something?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 27 May, 2020 10:29 PM

Daniel,

When you press the request email link, it will populate the email box with a 5 digit code, as well as the "label" box near the top of the dialogue box. Is this not functioning for you?

Julie

2. Julie closed this discussion on 27 May, 2020 10:29 PM.

3. daniel1127 re-opened this discussion on 27 May, 2020 10:36 PM

4. 2 Posted by daniel1127 on 27 May, 2020 10:36 PM

The email box populated the code this time as you described. Not sure why it wasn't working last night. Regardless all seems well, thanks.

5. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 28 May, 2020 12:07 AM.

6. daniel1127 re-opened this discussion on 28 May, 2020 07:35 PM

7. 3 Posted by daniel1127 on 28 May, 2020 07:35 PM

Okay, I need some help getting the Add Locator function to work now. I have added the email generated by SARtopo as a contact to my Inreach and synced that. I did a trial run and no track points displayed on my saved SARtopo map.

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan on 28 May, 2020 08:29 PM

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like what you are trying to do is incorporate realtime satellite tracking and display those tracks on SARTopo. Unlike SPOTs, InReaches can connect directly so what you should actually use is the fleet option as opposed to email. This should allow you to accomplish what it sounds like you're looking to do!

In order to do this, follow the directions found in this article: https://help.caltopo.com/kb/gps/integration-with-garmin-inreach-dev.... You will use "Fleet" as the connector type and not "Email" this time. This will allow you to track the InReach and display those tracks on the map.

Our development team is working hard on adding additional tracking so you may see some changes to this in the future. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best,
    Meghan

9. Meghan closed this discussion on 28 May, 2020 08:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac