Download for Offline use not working

rickdotsmith

24 Feb, 2020 03:01 PM

So new user here. Trying to download map areas. I select a single section or multiple and the GUI displays that it is downloading & never moves beyond that. Never see any progress, never see any files in the \data directory. I do get the below error in the CMD window, not sure if it is related or not.

Thanks
Rick

(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd c:\SARTopo\sartopo

c:\SARTopo\sartopo>SARTopo-Offline.bat

c:\SARTopo\sartopo>"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-13.0.2\bin\java.exe" -Dsarsoft.properties=sar.properties -Dsarsoft.version="SARTopo Offline" -Xmx1024m -jar sar.jar --debug=1
Welcome to SARTopo Offline version 4155, 01/03/20 19:33:11
License Key xxxx-xxxx expires on 04/22/2021
Temp data unpacked to C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\winstoneEmbeddedWAR

Server Addresses:
  http://localhost:8080/
  http://DESKTOP-XXXXXX:8080/
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by net.sf.ehcache.pool.sizeof.ObjectGraphWalker (file:/C:/Users/PC/AppData/Local/Temp/winstoneEmbeddedWAR/WEB-INF/lib/ehcache-core-2.6.6.jar) to field java.lang.String.value
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of net.sf.ehcache.pool.sizeof.ObjectGraphWalker
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 24 Feb, 2020 09:02 PM

Hi Rick,
    Thanks for reaching out. We've had a couple similar reports in the last two days and we're trying to do a little diagnostic, not sure if there's a common underlying issue or if that's just random chance.

As step 1, I'd like to verify whether the tiles are failing to download, or if they're downloading correctly but the UI is failing to update. Do you see any .mbtiles files in the data\tiles directory (under CalTopo Desktop's install directory)? That's where the tiles are downloaded to.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. 2 Posted by rickdotsmith on 24 Feb, 2020 09:43 PM

No. Only file there is "rolling.sqlite"

Thanks
    Rick

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 25 Feb, 2020 07:07 PM

Understood. We are working to further debug the issue and will get back to you soon.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 27 Feb, 2020 04:42 AM

Rick -

Sorry for the delay. We had several similar reports in short succession and I was hoping to find an underlying cause that I could fix with a code update, but so far that hasn't been the case.

Can you send the topo.sqlite file from your SARTopo Offline folder me at [email blocked]? Please don't reply to this with it as an attachment, the help forum is dropping messages with .sqlite attachments. Thanks,

• Matt
  5. matt closed this discussion on 28 Feb, 2020 11:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac