Viewshed in Android app

kd0gbx

13 Nov, 2019 10:30 PM

Greetings,
I am playing around with the Caltopo android app and signed in to my Sartopo account. I have tried a couple of times to create a viewshed layer from my current location in the app and it isn't building the layer. Thoughts? My guess is that since the app is in beta(?) it isn't turned on yet? Hopefully, viewshed layers is going to be included. I personally use them a lot and feel like the ability to download tiles for offline in mobile will be very useful along with the viewshed tool for me until I get my laptop up and running with internet in the field.

By the way, I think the app is going to go places in the Fire/SAR world. I think it is awesome.

Brad

1. 1 Posted by kd0gbx on 14 Nov, 2019 12:13 AM

Further info. When I am syncing to an online map and try to add a viewshed from the mobile, nothing happens. When I stop syncing and add a viewshed layer it creates a placeholder in the Map Items tab/menu but doesn't add the shading on the map itself. When I create a viewshed layer on my PC and sync the map in mobile the layer does not propagate across platforms.

The test map has nothing important on it but for reference it is sartopo.com/m/AQ6S

Thanks again,
    Brad

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ben Lantow on 14 Nov, 2019 01:29 AM

Brad,
    We have a known issue with Viewshed analysis on mobile, and some smaller issues with some other custom layers, such as sunhit layer, on mobile that we haven't fully flushed out, I think we know and understand some of the problems but haven't been able to fix them quite yet. It'll be a pre-final release fix, but likely more than month in the future still, we're focused on some other bug fixes and optimization stuff over the next few weeks

Best,
    Ben

3. 3 Posted by kd0gbx on 14 Nov, 2019 12:54 PM

I totally understand. Thank you for the response. You can close this
    request.

Brad

4. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 14 Nov, 2019 02:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac