snap to OSM does not snap

pieris

26 Jun, 2019 04:24 PM

I've used caltopo snap feature to create hiking trails before, but for some reason I can't make it work anymore. I'm using Add New Object->Line but instead of highlighting lines on the map that I hover the mouse over, there's no highlighting and mouse clicks create point-to-point straight segments. Did I accidentally change some option that disables this great feature?

BaseLayer = MapBuilder Hybrid
Snap to OSM

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rmarcucci on 26 Jun, 2019 09:00 PM

Pieris,

2 potential thoughts come to mind regarding this issue:

1. These are new trails that were recently created in OSM by you or another user. You'll know if there are only some missing the yellow snap to feature, but others in the area have it. This data for snap to only gets imported to CalTopo quarterly, so if it's a new trail, it's going to be a while as we just imported a few weeks ago.

2. You're using CalTopo Offline, or have some other network connectivity issue. Snap to requires good connectivity and only works online. Reload the map if you're online and no trails are turning yellow.

Please let me know if this solves your issue. Thank you for reaching out,
    Rom

2. rmarcucci closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2019 09:00 PM.

3. pieris re-opened this discussion on 28 Jun, 2019 02:06 AM

4. 2 Posted by pieris on 28 Jun, 2019 02:06 AM

Okay, I figured it out! I was zoomed out too far. I was at 2km zoom level (mapbuilder layer, 2km shown in the bottom right corner). The yellow highlights only appear at 1km zoom and closer. Excellent.
    Also, did you just add a high res sat layer? The level of detail is incredible! Now I know exactly where I'll encounter snow on my trip this weekend. Wow.
    While you're at it, I got a feature request for snow in particular, but I'll post that separately.
    Pieris On Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 2:00:53 PM PDT, rmarcucci <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv8069860139 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8069860139 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 28 Jun, 2019 04:15 AM

6. matt closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2019 04:15 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac