Marine Maps and Printing

Nikolai

13 May, 2019 01:59 AM

I am trying to print a series of marine charts between Ketchikan and Seattle, and although I can see the entire map in the program, when I try to print the map as a PDF, half of the map doesn't load. This happens for the entire coastline south of Porcher Island and north of Lasqueti island. This essentially makes the entire Canadian coastline unavailable, even though the maps are visible on the website, and the map layer claims to go all the way from the Aleutian Islands to San Diego. Is there a reason for this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 13 May, 2019 06:19 PM

The layer uses different charts as you zoom in, and it only has high resolution coverage for the US. The low-resolution coverage of Canada you see is a byproduct of Canada being included in the footprint of wide-area charts.

The only way to get a PDF covering the area you're looking for is to pick a low enough map scale that the low-resolution chart data gets included - it's not possible at the resolution you're trying to do.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• 3A7V.jpg 371 KB
  • 4H3B.jpg 80.8 KB
  • 321H.jpg 206 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac