Performance and refresh

randalmartin

06 May, 2019 11:51 PM

Last few days the refresh of maps while route planning has been awful. Is there something going on Caltopo?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 07 May, 2019 04:52 PM

working on it

2. 2 Posted by hikin.jim on 23 May, 2019 05:11 AM

I've noticed *massive* memory consumption on my Windows 10 laptop lately when using Caltopo.

I've noticed that my iPhone 6s+ opens to the center of the US (even though my maps are almost all California based) and doesn't show any of the markups I know I've added to my maps.

HJ

3. 3 Posted by hikin.jim on 23 May, 2019 01:21 PM

Further details:
    Caltopo appears to work fine when no map is specified. Just opening Caltopo displays a map of wherever I last left off.

However, if I try to open a map I have previously created, Caltopo basically goes nuts on my Win 10 laptop. The CPU percent on my Chrome task manager shows up to 120%, indicating that multiple cores are being used, and the memory allocation exceeds 1 Gb. Despite using that much CPU and memory, the map never is displayed, and I have to kill the window.

Here is the map I was trying to view most recently:
    http://caltopo.com/m/FKE2

HJ

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 27 May, 2019 10:33 PM

Since this discussion is public, I'm just adding an note that the issues Jim listed seem to have been resolved.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac