Is the Import Files functionality down?

Brett Tucker

28 Dec, 2018 11:51 PM

I'm attempting to import gpx track files I've loaded before without issue. I'm able to select files on my computer to upload but generally there are no subsequent dialogs and the files never import. Occasionally I see "Loading, standby..." I'm able to import gpx waypoint files without issue. Chrome and Firefox. Strong LTE.

1. 1 Posted by Brett Tucker on 29 Dec, 2018 12:04 AM

Update: Tracks successfully upload if I first convert GPX to KML on my side in third party software. Again, the GPX track upload functionality worked fine on these particular tracks in the past. Tracks originally created on Suunto Ambit3 and downloaded from Movescount site in GPX format.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by matt on 29 Dec, 2018 03:41 AM

Can you attach the GPX file? There was a change deployed last night that related to file imports, but I definitely tested it with GPX files, so I assume it's related to the data in your particular file.

3. 3 Posted by Brett Tucker on 29 Dec, 2018 04:06 AM

Thanks Matt. This is one of several (all) tracks I recorded this fall with my Suunto Ambit watch that are straight off the Movescount site unedited as you'll see in the metadata, and won't import to CalTopo anymore. All imported successfully a couple of weeks ago.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 29 Dec, 2018 06:22 AM

Thanks, fixed. I've started importing GPX elevation and timestamp data (not currently displayed anywhere, yet, but will be) and they use decimal seconds in the timestamp, which triggered a bug.

5. matt closed this discussion on 29 Dec, 2018 06:22 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac