matt on 29 Oct, 2018 03:00 PM
Yep. I don't know what happened as I don't have a lot of logging around it and the APRS-IS connection is supposed to automatically reset if something goes wrong, but things appeared hung up somehow. A server reboot last night fixed it, wanted to make sure it was still running this morning before proclaiming victory though.
matt on 06 Dec, 2018 07:23 PM
This appears to be a bug limited to older, existing locators / groups. A new track length setting was added a while ago and older locators / groups aren't properly handled, causing them to appear to have a track length of 0. Looking at the code, I think you should have noticed this a long time ago, which makes me question whether I'm on the right track, but it's possible some more recent change brought the locator bug to the foreground.
If edit and save an existing locator (without modifications), or edit and save a locator group (setting the track length to full) for newly-recorded locators, does the bug go away?
I've been trying to understand the issue myself Nov 10th, but wasn't sure
what it might be related to. That day we started using some beacons that
were set up by a former member on our team that isn't around any more, they
were just showing up as dots. Just this past week, I started using an
AT-D878 handheld to send APRS signals and it did the same. I then tried it
with my phone as an igate, and then with my phone through analog, these two
methods had connected lines and were showing as a path. I'm re-creating the
locators now, and will test tomorrow at our training and let you know.
matt on 08 Dec, 2018 05:00 AM
The locators currently shown on that map have a track length properly set but only one point in their geometry, so not the issue I discovered. The track line does reset based on time/distance from the last point, so that you don't get large awkward jumps across the map. However if you're consistently never seeing a track tail, that doesn't sound like it would be the case.
So I've been playing around with the settings on my radio, and it turns out
to be something on my end. I'm happy to say things are working out now, I
changed so many parameters I'm not sure which one's did the trick, but I
think it had something to do with the SSID. https://sartopo.com/m/JHJA