iOS issue.

Tom Lopez

04 Oct, 2018 07:53 PM

My website www.idahoaclimbingguide.com links to Caltopo on hundreds of pages. Here is a page example: https://www.idahoaclimbingguide.com/bookupdates/south-twin-peak-10340/

Each page (toward the bottom) has an orientation map and a link below the map that links to caltopo. Everything works fine when I pull the page up on a PC but when I click on a map link on my website using an iPad or iPhone the link takes me to the Caltopo website showing a map of my house or what ever was the last map I pulled up on caltopo. The URL has the correct coordinates but the map that displays is a previous map ... one that was displayed earlier. For example, I click the link to display a map of South Twin Peak in a new window then I got a map of where my house sits. I have tried this many times with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom Lopez

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 05 Oct, 2018 04:46 AM

Thanks Tom. This looks like it isn't an issue with iOS specifically, but that the URL hash isn't getting read on mobile devices generally. I think this is related to a somewhat recent change I made, I'll look into it next week.

2. 2 Posted by tommts on 05 Oct, 2018 12:41 PM

Thanks Matt for the quick reply.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 10 Oct, 2018 04:37 AM

I haven't tested on an iPhone specifically, but I believe this is fixed now - let me know.

4. 4 Posted by tommts on 10 Oct, 2018 05:18 AM

Matt, it works perfectly now. Thank you for your assistance and the fantastic website.

Tom

5. matt closed this discussion on 10 Oct, 2018 03:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac