Map function

dan

20 Sep, 2018 08:41 PM

Hi
It looks like the right-click for point info and “view from here” no longer works? I don’t get any dropdown menu anymore with a right-click on map.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by kobe.pole on 20 Sep, 2018 08:43 PM

Hi Dan,
    I am having trouble recreating this issue, can you send me the URL for the map?
    -Kobe

2. 2 Posted by dan on 20 Sep, 2018 09:44 PM

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 21 Sep, 2018 02:24 AM

Dan, by chance are you using Chrome on a Mac?

4. 4 Posted by dan on 21 Sep, 2018 03:14 AM

Yes I am. Been using Caltopo a long time with no problems until recently.

iPhoned

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by matt on 22 Sep, 2018 03:05 AM

At the beginning of the summer, I ran into this and filed a bug with Google (the issue is Google Maps not firing the event). They closed the issue as not reproducible, and I couldn't find another mac that had the issue, so I assumed it was a quirk of my machine and moved on. I did freeze the Google Maps API version I was using, which fixed the issue until 4-6 weeks ago when they stopped supporting the old version.

Recently found one other person with the issue, and now you, so I know it's not unique to my machine. Based on that I'm going to check with them again, but it's out of my hands without a bugfix on their end.

View from here and a number of the other right-click options should still be accessible using the measure menu at the top of the screen.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by matt on 22 Sep, 2018 03:05 AM

I'm going to make this public in case it will help me find additional people who are having the same issue.

7. 7 Posted by dan on 22 Sep, 2018 04:06 PM

Thanks Matt

8. 8 Posted by Paul Beiser on 27 Sep, 2018 06:21 PM

Thanks, Matt! I am using Chrome on MacOS (High Sierra) as well. Like Dan, I have been using CalTopo a long time (check out my map collection :-)) and no problems until recently.

Right click seems to work just fine for me. But whenever I create an object the zooming goes nuts.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by matt on 27 Sep, 2018 08:50 PM

The zooming stems from a change Google made but it's ultimately my fault and fixable, unlike the context menu.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac