Mouse wheel not zooming during line creation

David Masten

22 Aug, 2018 01:43 AM

When I create a line object, I can no longer zoom the map with the mouse wheel. When I'm not creating a line, it works fine.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 22 Aug, 2018 03:16 AM

I'm guessing this isn't something I can change.

When drawing, I disable Google Maps' double-click-to-zoom option, since otherwise double-clicking to finish a line would always cause the map to zoom in a level. Scroll wheel based zooming isn't touched, but it probably gets blocked within the Google Maps API when double-click-to-zoom is disabled.

2. 2 Posted by David Masten on 22 Aug, 2018 03:49 AM

It is something that changed in the past two weeks or so. I was able to zoom while creating lines in the past. I can still zoom like normal while editing lines.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 22 Aug, 2018 03:53 AM

I had to upgrade to a newer version of Google Maps recently, which has caused a handful of issues, so the issue appearing recently would be in line with that.

4. matt closed this discussion on 24 Aug, 2018 05:42 PM.

5. David Masten re-opened this discussion on 24 Aug, 2018 11:32 PM

6. 4 Posted by David Masten on 24 Aug, 2018 11:32 PM

OK. Thanks!

7. 5 Posted by Jennifer Thomps... on 25 Aug, 2018 12:22 PM

Sorry, I can't tell if this issue got resolved or not. I am having the same problem. Also, I couldn't find the double click to zoom option you mentioned.

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by matt on 27 Aug, 2018 04:09 PM

That's an internal option that I set on google maps, not something visible to the end user.

I looked into it and I'm not going to be able to fix this, due to the way Google Maps is coupling properties together (in this case draggable and scroll wheel zoom).

9. matt closed this discussion on 27 Aug, 2018 04:09 PM.

10. matt re-opened this discussion on 12 Sep, 2018 04:53 AM

11. Support Staff 7 Posted by matt on 12 Sep, 2018 04:53 AM

I've added scrollwheel zooming while drawing (both online and offline). It's fairly basic at this point, and zooms int/out at a significantly different rate than Google Maps (which seems to require a lot of scrollwheel movement for a zoom change), but about the same rate as OpenLayers. It may be a bit jarring to transition between the two rates, but I don't think I can realistically do anything about that without taking over scrollwheel based zooming entirely.

12. matt closed this discussion on 12 Sep, 2018 04:53 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac