Maps suddenly read-only

Teresa Gergen

20 May, 2018 11:11 PM

Three times recently, I've created a map and saved it, and while working on it, it suddenly has become read-only. I can't edit, and can't delete the map. I can export the whole thing, and import it into a new map and start over, but that map then also suddenly becomes read-only.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 22 May, 2018 03:34 PM

Can you give me IDs for those maps?

2. 2 Posted by Teresa Gergen on 22 May, 2018 03:46 PM

https://caltopo.com/m/B8Q8

https://caltopo.com/m/VCHF

A week or so ago, I created a map, found I could not continue editing it and that it showed as read-only, exported it, imported it into a new map, was able to work on the new map, and after a few days, was finally able to delete the old map that had been read-only. I don't have the ID for that one.

At the time I created this bug report, the same thing happened again. I had to export/import 3 times to get a map that I was able to continue working on and that did not suddenly become read-only. The above 2 links are for the first two of these maps, which are still read-only at this time. They show up under my "Your Maps" tab, but if I try to delete them, I get the error shown in the attached screen shot.

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 22 May, 2018 03:58 PM

Can you try signing out of caltopo and then back in? It doesn't look like you've signed in since the 19th.

I keep a cached copy of what your permissions are for each map, so that I don't have to re-check with every request. Signing out clears this cache, so knowing whether the map is still read-only after signing out/in would tell me whether the issue is with the cache, or with my authentication process itself.

4. 4 Posted by Teresa Gergen on 22 May, 2018 04:13 PM

That fixed it. I was able to delete the two maps now.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by matt on 22 May, 2018 04:28 PM

Thanks. I don't know if I'll be able to solve it, but that at least helps me figure out where to look.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac