map pan during freehand draw?

jdalbey

02 May, 2018 03:57 PM

How do I pan the map while drawing a freehand line?

While drawing a freehand line, when I reach the edge of the map I desire to pan the map so I can continue. The only way I've
been able to figure out is to release the mouse button, then drag the map to pan it. However panning in this manner creates an undesired line on the map. I have to hit ESC to erase the extraneous line before I can resume drawing.

Is there some way to pause freehand drawing in order to pan the map?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 02 May, 2018 05:07 PM

Releasing your mouse, panning the map, and then shift+clicking is the only way to do it - but the map pan shouldn't drop an extra waypoint. What browser / OS are you using?

2. 2 Posted by jdalbey on 02 May, 2018 05:53 PM

OK, thanks for the reply. As I try it again I see that I was still holding down the Shift key (to initiate freehand) and that's what was causing the extra waypoint. Pilot error, my fault.
    However, a related issue, is that to change the zoom when I click the "+" or "-" icon it definitely drops a waypoint on the map under the icon. Is there an alternate way to zoom?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 03 May, 2018 04:29 AM

I try not to capture clicks on the zoom tool, but since I use the Google Maps viewer, sometimes they change the way their code is structured and I have to play catchup. I'll take a look.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 04 May, 2018 05:21 PM

I think I have this fixed, hard to tell for sure as I could only get it to happen occasionally.

5. matt closed this discussion on 04 May, 2018 05:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac