Offline A - Early August 2018

matt

04 Aug, 2018 04:39 AM

The first official offline beta (A, early August 2018) is available, starting with build # beta 4. Release notes are available at http://help.caltopo.com/kb/releases/offline-releases. Please post any bugs associated with the beta here, rather than in the bug reports section.

1. 1 Posted by arkelly111 on 06 Aug, 2018 07:20 PM

When you begin a download in the new offline-maps section, is there supposed to be a traditional download prompt like when you download from whatever browser you are on or some sort of tracking progress in the command prompt?

I have very high latency satellite internet that gets capped somewhere between 1-5mbps download speed and don't seem to have anything happen when I try to download one of the new MapBuilder offline layers.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by matt on 08 Aug, 2018 02:22 AM

The files are downloaded directly by the app without going through your browser. The download button should be replaced by constantly-refreshed status text telling you how many files and MB are left. There's no need to wait for it to complete before selecting additional files for download though.

Are you not seeing that?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 11 Aug, 2018 03:57 AM

New and hopefully final release, build # beta 5.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 12 Aug, 2018 01:51 AM

Adam, I should have checked the beta downloader specifically. I can reproduce.

5. 5 Posted by arkelly111 on 13 Aug, 2018 11:46 PM

Sorry that I was not able to respond to this for you quickly. I was camping without cell service until today.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by matt on 13 Aug, 2018 11:58 PM

No problem. Turns out the bug is specific to the way the javascript files are packed together, and I wasn't seeing it because even though I was testing the right code, I had a property setting to not pack the js files for easier debugging.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac