iPhone App Expiration

Jim Horning

23 Jul, 2020 07:01 AM

Greetings,

I love using CalTopo and have been using the App on my iPhone for about a year now. I was wondering what is the status with the iPhone App? If I'm not mistaken, I think it expires every 60 days and then I download a new one with TestFlight. How do I know when it will expire? Also, I see on the Apple App Store that CalTopo is now offered. Is this the same as the beta from TestFlight? I would rather not have CalTopo beta quit on me on the trail. I do not rely on CalTopo but it is very nice to have along the trail.

Thanks for a great product!

Jah

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 23 Jul, 2020 03:43 PM

Hi Jah,

Thanks for being a beta tester! Once the testing period is over, you are no longer able to open the beta build. Builds generally remain active for 90 days after upload.

And you are correct that version 0.5.7 is now available through the Apple Store. If you no longer wish to test the app, you can delete yourself as a tester in the app’s Information page in TestFlight by tapping Stop Testing. More information on TestFlight can be found here: https://testflight.apple.com/

My suggestion based on what you described is to remove yourself from the TestFlight program and then download version 0.5.7 from the app store.

Best,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2020 03:43 PM.

3. Jim Horning re-opened this discussion on 23 Jul, 2020 07:46 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jim Horning on 23 Jul, 2020 07:46 PM

Meghan,

Thanks for the information. I'll load the beta on devices I do not rely
    upon. Thanks for CalTopo!

Jah

5. Meghan closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2020 08:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac