Samsung DeX capabilities?

sdrees289

12 Aug, 2020 04:46 PM

Hello,
With Samsungs newer phones and tablets you can virtually run a desktop style setup. I was curious, would a newer Samsung tablet setup in DeX mode using mouse and keyboard run SARtopo desktop or mobile?
Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 12 Aug, 2020 07:53 PM

From looking at the DevX website, it does not appear to be a viable way to run the SARTopo desktop app. However it could be a way to run the mobile app on a Samsung tablet but using the keyboard and mouse for the interface. If it works, it would probably be an easier way to interact with the mobile app.

If you try it, let us know how it goes!
    Best,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2020 07:53 PM.

3. sdrees289 re-opened this discussion on 12 Aug, 2020 08:12 PM

4. 2 Posted by sdrees289 on 12 Aug, 2020 08:12 PM

I do not own a Samsung tablet, but I did remember that I have everything to use my phone in DeX mode. SARtopo's desktop version worked perfectly in Samsung Internet browser.

I was very surprised how smoothly it ran actually. Im eager to experiment with a tablet in the field now. Curious if gps functions still work. This idea was sparked off the thought of a Samsung Tablet utilizing FirstNET is easier then a laptop with a separate wifi hub.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan on 13 Aug, 2020 01:48 PM

Ahh ok- from your screenshot, it looks like you are referring to the web app, as opposed to the desktop app (which you download and install). I would be curious to see how the tablet works in the field too!

6. Meghan closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2020 01:48 PM.

7. sdrees289 re-opened this discussion on 13 Aug, 2020 01:53 PM

8. 4 Posted by sdrees289 on 13 Aug, 2020 01:53 PM

I completely forgot there is a downloadable program with the desktop tier. I was just thinking of the web version. I'm currently working on borrowing a tablet to test the web version out

9. Julie closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2020 02:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac