Android App markers don't sync

Steve Ruby

23 Dec, 2019 06:38 PM

Is this a feature not yet implemented or am I doing something wrong. If I'm logged into the android app and I make a track then it syncs with my online account view. However, Markers do not. The Markers I create on android do not show up in my online account after sync.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 23 Dec, 2019 08:29 PM

Hi Steve,
    There must be some sort of user error here. This function works fine. My first guess is that you aren't saving the map after creating markers on a blank map. It sounds like you're signed into the same account (if your tracks are coming across between web and mobile, but double check you're in the same account and same server (CalTopo v. SARTopo servers). If neither of those things fix your issue let me know.

2. 2 Posted by Steve Ruby on 24 Dec, 2019 02:13 AM

Sorry use error. I didn't realize the makers were "inside" of the map object. I also missed that save was an overt action and not automatic.

Another question I can't find in the manuals anywhere. Operation the measure, line, polygon operations on Android are escaping me and I don't see any instructions. I've tried multiple variations of touch and hold, double touch, hold and drag. Occasionally I can get it to pop up a window that just says the distance is 0FT.. How do you actually measure, or draw a polygon? Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 25 Dec, 2019 03:31 AM

Gotcha. Its only an overt action the first time, then the updates save, we just wanted to make sure it was data you wanted to keep.

Measure in the app is in need of finishing touches. You can click on one point, double tap on another and that will complete the object and measure. We plan on finishing that functionality prior to final release of the app.

4. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 25 Dec, 2019 03:32 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac