followup: App suggestions and questions discussion

JoeD

12 Dec, 2019 07:27 PM

Sorry for the new thread, I couldn't figure out how to reply here: http://help.caltopo.com/discussions/android/105-app-suggestions-and-questions

Anyhow, great response and customer service as always. My delay is just because I'm a bum, not because your response wasn't helpful. To follow up on your points:

1) The delay getting a location fix was just a phone issue. I had an old LG from 2013 where I disabled a bunch of features so it was basically a dumb phone with GPS -- call, text, and caltopo, that's it. I'm sure because of the age and my disabling stuff I messed up some feature that finds location. Since switching to a used iphone that was handed down it's finding location almost immediately.

2) Using folders to organize map items is working great. I wish I would have seen this sooner. No need to separate them from the map like I suggested

5) Good to hear full parcel layer is in the works, but even the regular land management would be helpful. I'm spoiled in Montana with our cadastral system, where it's straightforward to get a shapefile of public land and private owners, etc. Still, among hunting friends who are non-technical or have no access to GIS software, it seems that onX is the most popular mobile app. From occasionally sharing their phones it looks like Caltopo is superior in most ways, but they do have detailed parcel data. I suspect you'll make inroads in the hunting crowd once you get it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 12 Dec, 2019 09:36 PM

1 and 2. Sounds good glad you were able to optimize your organization.

1. We are working on developing this. Land management layer exists we'll likely package it for offline with the parcel data when we roll it out soon.

Best,
    Bn

2. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2019 09:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac